Document and Record Recovery
Records Recovery Website: http://sos.mt.gov/Records/Recovery/index.asp
1. Plan – Creating and maintaining a comprehensive contingency plan is key.
2. Backup – Essential records should be backed-up, off-site, and readily available.
3. Prepare – Take pictures before beginning recovery; Obtain the appropriate approvals.
4. Pack & Track – Transfer records out of danger; Record type and extent of damage.
5. Respond -Recover essential records first; Freeze wet records within 48 hours.