MT USDA Rural Development Disaster

MT USDA Rural Development

Address: 2229 Boothill Ct. Bozeman, MT 59715


Phone Number:  (406)585-2580

Information: While USDA/RD does not have disaster emergency programs, its programs can assist in these situations.    Most of Rural Development’s financial programs can be useful to a community as they struggle to recover from disaster. Your best course of action is to contact your nearest USDA Rural Development Area Office to find out what options may be available to you.

Rural Housing Repair & Rehabilitation (Sec. 504):  Section 504 Rural Housing Rehabilitation Loan & Grant program can provide a 1% loan of up to $20,000 for a 20 year term to repair damaged homes. The loans are limited to families living at or below 50% of the area median income for the county. The homes must be owner-occupied and be located in a rural community. Homes inside the city limits of Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Helena, and Bozeman are ineligible for this program. Income eligible senior citizens above the age of 62 may be eligible for grants up to $7,500 for home repair as well. Eligible repairs include roofs, siding, doors and windows, insulation, heating and cooling, and more. Homes with health and safety issues are given funding priority.

Housing Relocation – Rural Rental Housing:  Rural Development programs support hundreds of income-based apartments across Montana. When families are displaced by a natural disaster, they may be able to be relocated to a vacant Rural Development project unit. Certain waivers are available to prioritize housing for dislocated families.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s